Monday, January 21, 2019

Healing with the labyrinth

"Medicine Women in Motion" painting, by Marty Kermeen

For the past twenty years, the labyrinth has led us on a healing path with many unexpected twists and turns. Little did I know back then that I would now be a Medicine Woman!


Check out my henna labyrinth tattoo!

The labyrinth has become such an important symbol of healing and renewal for me that I now wear them as henna tattoos. My dear friend Katie Kuykendall created this beautiful design from a photo that I shared with her. Check out her work and her passion at Henna Designs by Katie. The various patterns make such beautiful body art!


5 Element Drumming and Yoga Class

Making labyrinths has naturally led me to teaching people how to use them, so I am also a labyrinth facilitator. I received my training through Veriditas, the world-wide leader in labyrinth facilitator training. Now, Marty and I travel around the country and the world creating labyrinths, giving presentations, and holding labyrinth walks and workshops. We enjoy meeting so many people and helping them learn how to use the labyrinth for mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being. We've witnessed so many miracles on the labyrinth--people healing from the deepest traumas--which inspires us to keep doing this important work in the world.


Yoga Teacher Training workshop

I am also certified in sound healing, shamanism, and Donna Eden Energy Work. I am blessed with a growing list of clients, helping them to shift their energy to remove blockages that cause dis-ease. I often use the labyrinth to help people stimulate stagnant energies, circulate congested chi, and release energetic debris with this powerful healing tool. The results are remarkable!


Energy Medicine Yoga workshop



I also practice Energy Medicine Yoga, and I have created a 5 Element Drumming and Yoga class. This vinyasa flow class combines drumming and yoga to connect body, mind, and spirit. Often, I use the labyrinth to maximize the healing to the innermost parts of our beings while I take participants on a journey of renewal and deep peace.


Belly dancing is my passion!


Yet there's also a lot of fun to be had on the labyrinth, and I can't think of anything more fun than belly dancing on the path. I was introduced to the art form 20 years ago at one of my first Labyrinth Society Gatherings and immediately fell in love with it. I enjoy sharing this beautiful and ancient art form with others.


Belly dancing on the labyrinth

Over the years, I've discovered that the labyrinth is not only a beautiful work of art but also a powerful healing tool. I invite you to discover the many ways in which the labyrinth can improve your life, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog! We welcome your comments about our blog content and suggestions for improvement.

Traverse City: The gratitude well

A natural spring popped up near the labyrinth entrance. What a blessing! A natural spring popped up the day we arrived at the site for ...